Phygital Retail – LSN Interview Fabled and gpstudio
Interview with LNS: Future Laboratory
Amanda Scott, managing director of Fabled by Marie Claire, and Gregor Jackson, founding partner of gpstudio discuss how they worked together to create a physical retail space that complements Fabled’s online flagship store.
‘The business model of many retailers will change with the web as the flagship and physical stores can take on different roles’
What this means to your brand
1. Let your customers meander. Like flicking through a magazine, the Fabled store is designed to encourage wandering.
2. Consider how a shop can be an edited version of an online flagship store. Fabled’s physical location offers a smaller selection that complements online editorial.
3. Commerce and editorial now go hand in hand. Marie Claire’s beauty expertise brings a point of differentiation to Fabled’s offering both in-store and online.
4. Cater for convenience. Fabled’s partnership with Ocado means that customers can pick a one-hour delivery slot to meet their beauty needs quickly.
5. Smaller square footage doesn’t mean less experiential. By keeping most products online, Fabled can focus on making the store a social hub.